Friday, January 15, 2010

A blog? No way!

Blogger blogger.

Still have my job. I'm an in-house illustrator at Brown Bag Marketing and I love it. My boss and co-workers rock, I get free coffee, and I draw for a living. No shit! Could be happier in this department.

I've moved into the bottom level of an old house in Candler Park, my favorite neighborhood here. It has a garden, a side yard, and a beautiful studio space with TONS of light and work area. The price was fantastic for the neighborhood. I've been taking my dog for walks in the morning, and it's been fantastic.

I'm no longer a student at Portfolio Center (getting my book together, shooting for beginning of January) but will be teaching there this summer. The nature of the class right now is super!secret, but it should get approved within the next couple of weeks.

Also, upon the release of my second children's book with Jackson Fish Market's site A Story Before Bed, "The 12 Days of Christmas," and the accompanying iPhone application, I've agreed to work with them again on a series of books for their Hippo Hooray! characters, featured in their iPhone applications for kids.

So, I really couldn't ask for more. Things have been so good lately. I think it makes up for the past two years of soul-searching and sadness and frustration and natural disasters and toilet explosions and car break-ins and general nonsensical...nonsense. I can't wait to show you all my new site--it'll blow your head off, for sure. So, be sure to wear a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment